Base of Galactic Science Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Five (1951)

Go down

Five (1951) Empty Five (1951)

Post  BoG Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Five (1951) Five-1
This one was a little better than I remembered when I watched it again recently, with a very serious tone and a literate script. I've read that it's the very first film to depict a post-holocaust scenario, followed later by such cheesy stuff like The Day the World Ended (1956) and other serious ones such as The World,the Flesh and the Devil (1959).

The very frightening aspect to this one, after the entire concept of most people being dead, is that even with almost no one left, there still are people like the character 'Eric', who can't let go of the more despicable character traits in humanity. He's been described as a 'Nazi,' but that's a simplistic description. He is racist, of course, and also used to lording over others, as well as being catered to. In the end, he suffers a kind of delusion like most of the other characters, unable to fully grasp what has happened. Only the character 'Michael' seems to absorb all the reality of what's occurred and he's the surest bet for survival.

But, survival to what? After he and the woman pass away, whether in 10
years or 30 years, that's it for the human race, eh? Fini. Grim! BoG's Score: 6.5 out of 10

FIVE has finally been released on an official DVD (Feb. 3rd, 2009) from Sony,
58 years after the film was released:
Five (1951) 51eTYFuZlJL._SS500_

But, if you want to watch it on-line:
BoG
BoG
Galaxy Overlord
Galactus
Galaxy Overlord  Galactus

https://bogscifi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down