Base of Galactic Science Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invasion of the Star Creatures (1963)

Go down

Invasion of the Star Creatures (1963) Empty Invasion of the Star Creatures (1963)

Post  BoG Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:57 pm

Invasion of the Star Creatures (1963) InvasionofStarCreaturesposter
I tried to like this one (Invasion of the Star Creatures); I really did.
Plan 9 From Outer Space and Robot Monster are the famous 'worst of all time'  sci-fi films. The difference, for me, is that I actually get some laughs from watching those two films. There was nothing for me here. I admit I perked up a bit when those two scientist-Amazons from outer space appeared; but, there still wasn't any laughs.
Invasion of the Star Creatures (1963) InvofStarCreatures __ Invasion of the Star Creatures (1963) InvasionofStarCreatures
The two main clowns/actors are, I guess, trying to be like Abbott & Costello or the Three (Two) Stooges, but they had no talent, so it was pretty painful to watch. The vegetable creatures are guys in burlap sacks, with straw sticking out; I thought that they would turn out to be humans in disguise, but no.. they really were meant to be alien plant people.
Invasion of the Star Creatures (1963) InvasionOfTheStarCreatures2Invasion of the Star Creatures (1963) InvasionOfTheStarCreatures
And what was all that stuff with the Indians showing up? These scenes were torture to watch. In fact, though this film is short, at 70m., I still thought about killing myself at around the one hour mark; this thought crossed my mind for only a second or so - but still, that's pretty bad. Here's a detailed analysis:
An IMPOSSIBLE PICTURE!____________________________________
Invasion of the Star Creatures (1963) InvasionStar Invasion of the Star Creatures (1963) InvasionofStarCreatures
Maybe, if you have a few beers in you, this would be watchable (Roger Corman MIGHT have made something like this if he was drunk during the entire production), but otherwise, this is tough to get through. There's even another character, a high-ranking officer (general or colonel) who is like nails-on-chalkboard to watch; it's like a class clown who thinks of himself as very funny, but no one else does; everyone else just groans in pain at his antics.  Now, I'm gonna go watch Robot Monster... and to try and forget the agony of seeing this movie. Oh, and, it looked like the location here (the cave entrance) was very similar to that of Ro-Man's film. BoG's Score: 1.5 out of 10
Invasion of the Star Creatures (1963) InvasionofStarCreatures
BoG
BoG
Galaxy Overlord
Galactus
Galaxy Overlord  Galactus

https://bogscifi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down