Humanoids From the Deep (1980)

Go down

Humanoids From the Deep (1980) Empty Humanoids From the Deep (1980)

Post  BoG on Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:46 pm

Humanoids From the Deep (1980) Humanoids
I admit I found this to be a lot of fun back when I first went to see it in a theater 30 years ago. It seemed to break a lot of boundaries from my perspective, stuff I never imagined that filmmakers would dare do - yet there it was on screen. Word spread among young guys and male teens back then and this was a modest hit for Roger Corman's New World Pictures. Corman, as in Galaxy of Terror, championed rape scenes for the exploitation aspect.
Humanoids From the Deep (1980) Humanoidsfrom002Humanoids From the Deep (1980) Humanoidsfrom003Humanoids From the Deep (1980) HumanoidsFromTheDeepLobbyCardSet
The proposition here is that mutated fish - mutated into humanoid lifeforms due to experimental growth hormones by meddling humans - would hunt down and rape female humans in order to propagate the new species. It all takes place at a small fishing village locale; young women are found raped; dogs are killed; and racial tensions between whites and Indians are escalated due to the happenings.
Humanoids From the Deep (1980) Humanoidsfrom001 Humanoids From the Deep (1980) HumanoidsfromDeep
Doug McClure, fresh from a successful row of sf pictures (starting with The Land That Time Forgot in '75), plays the nominal hero; Ann Turkel (Ravagers '79) is the visiting scientist who had warned her associates about what would happen; and Vic Morrow (Twilight Zone the Movie) is great as usual as the local head bigot and loudmouth.
Humanoids From the Deep (1980) Humanoids5 Humanoids From the Deep (1980) Humanoids3
This has several scenes (some of which were filmed after principal photography) of naked young women being chased by ugly creatures and culminates with an exciting all-out attack by many of the monsters during a carnival. In-between, it's on the slow side, with minimal tension, but it's impressive that there were only 3 monster suits, yet it's conveyed that there is a multitude of these creepy beasts. It's also another follow-up to Alien (1979), as indicated by the climactic scene. BoG's Score: 6.5 out of 10

Trivia from the Deep: Also known as "Monster" - Barbara Peeters was the director, but the story goes that many scenes were added later by others, such as the 2nd unit director, to spice up the film. There was a remake in 1996 for Showtime TV.

Last edited by BoG on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
BoG
BoG
Galaxy Overlord
Galactus
Galaxy Overlord  Galactus

https://bogscifi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Humanoids From the Deep (1980) Empty Re: Humanoids From the Deep (1980)

Post  BoG on Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:54 pm

BoG
BoG
Galaxy Overlord
Galactus
Galaxy Overlord  Galactus

https://bogscifi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum