Base of Galactic Science Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planet Terror (2007)

Go down

Planet Terror (2007) Empty Planet Terror (2007)

Post  BoG Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:24 pm

Last edited by BoG on Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total
BoG
BoG
Galaxy Overlord
Galactus
Galaxy Overlord  Galactus

https://bogscifi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Planet Terror (2007) Empty Planet T

Post  BoG Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:41 pm

I'm usually not very impressed by the work of Robert Rodriguez, whose main strength seems to be in completing these films cheaply, without all the inflated costs of a typical studio picture, and he puts in a lot of flash, not much substance. By all accounts, he appears to be a very nice guy and a family man, so it's surprising that he tries to gross-out / disturb us more than all other films (Sin City is another one).
Planet Terror (2007) Planetterror3 Planet Terror (2007) Planetterror4
Planet Terror worked better with me because of the intentional absurdity he laced the film with, winking at all the horror/sci-fi fans. Take the character played by Rose McGowan, the young woman who loses a leg early on (zombies take it). The next scene shows her being wheeled into the hospital; how her boyfriend got her there is not shown; the attack was in the middle of nowhere; I didn't see any phones around. By rights, she would need... I dunno, a month (?) of recovery time in the hospital before being released for further convalescence. Yet, an hour later (remember, the whole film takes place during one night), she and her boyfriend are escaping the hospital. A couple of hours later, she has a gun attached to her leg and has turned into some kind of weird super-hero.