Base of Galactic Science Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

episode #26 - All That Glitters

Go down

episode #26 - All That Glitters Empty episode #26 - All That Glitters

Post  BoG Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pm

episode #26 / Air Date: 4/6/66
written by Barney Slater; Directed by Harry Harris

The women have been left with Smith at the ship while the men go off in the Chariot to search for water (a repeat of the scenario in One of Our Dogs is Missing). Meanwhile, an escaped convict (Larry Ward) is eluding a couple of biped 'hunting dogs' (more silly suits) and their master, a policeman (Werner Klemperer). The fugitive comes across Smith and Penny; Smith runs off, of course. Penny ends up taking the "poor man" in, letting him sleep in Smith's bed and even lending him Smith's clothes; Smith is not pleased.

This sets up a rather strange morality tale: apparently the Robinsons (the women, at least) see no problem in aiding & abetting an escaped criminal; the man freely admits he comes from a long line of famous thieves. The cop (a "Galaxy Law Enforcement Officer") is presented as a bit of a bully but he's in the right. Of course, he doesn't have a warrant to search their ship - Maureen could have declined this, I suppose, but I'm not up on Tauron law (I believe this is the same planet that the family of The Sky is Falling was from).
episode #26 - All That Glitters LostinSpaceAllthatGlitters
Things take an odd turn (what else is new?) when Smith latches on to a hidden treasure; it's a ring one places around one's neck; thereafter, your touch will turn everything to platinum (sounds better than gold, I guess Wink ). Ah, yes, that fabled Midas touch. There's also a voice coming out of the thin air, explaining some of this to Smith. But, when Smith tries to eat... uh-oh. Then he touches Penny (not in that way - you knows what I mean Rolling Eyes ). It ends on a note that Smith may actually adjust his devious ways... time will tell... BoG's Score: 6 out of 10
Lost in Space Trivia: actor Klemperer is best known for his role in Hogan's Heroes

Epilogue Tag: the guys in the Chariot are endangered by a sudden volcanic explosion, as fiery rocks rain down on them... freeze frame!
BoG
BoG
Galaxy Overlord
Galactus
Galaxy Overlord  Galactus

https://bogscifi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down