Base of Galactic Science Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

episode #38 - Cry of Silence

Go down

episode #38 - Cry of Silence Empty episode #38 - Cry of Silence

Post  BoG Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:39 pm

Episode # 6 of 2nd season
Air Date: 10/24/64 Arrow writer: Louis Charbonneau Arrow Director: Charles Haas
episode #38 - Cry of Silence OL-CryOfSilence5episode #38 - Cry of Silence OLcry-of-silenceepisode #38 - Cry of Silence OL-CryOfSilence1
Remember the hostile alien rocks in Corpus Earthling? (1st season). Well, now it's Attack of the Tumbleweeds! This concerns the now-familiar story of a couple (Eddie Albert & June Havoc) driving around in some desolate area, a desert region. I'll admit, the thought of tumbleweeds posing a serious threat to a human makes me snicker, but the first sight of these things creeping closer to the unaware couple caused a shiver to run down my spine, for some reason. I think it's that sense of isolation - it's established that there's virtually no population in this area, except for a strange farmer (Arthur Hunnicutt) they encounter.
episode #38 - Cry of Silence OuterLimitsCryofepisode #38 - Cry of Silence OL-CryOfSilence2episode #38 - Cry of Silence OLcry-of-silence-1
Eventually, it's revealed that something arrived into the area from outer space - sort of like It Came From Outer Space and The Beast With a Million Eyes - and things escalate with an attack from frogs and then boulders. It also gets more eerie with the reanimation of the dead - it's zombie time. However, this doesn't really go anywhere - the man, as played by Albert, displays a remarkable propensity for wanting to communicate with the alien intelligence in the final act, but this attempt proves to be a failure, and the alien (s) simply seems to change its mind about staying around. The woman is in panic mode during most of the episode. And the farmer..? I guess no one cares about him. pale BoG's Score: 5.5 out of 10
BoG
BoG
Galaxy Overlord
Galactus
Galaxy Overlord  Galactus

https://bogscifi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down