Base of Galactic Science Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

episode #47 - The Brain of Colonel Barham

Go down

episode #47 - The Brain of Colonel Barham Empty episode #47 - The Brain of Colonel Barham

Post  BoG Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:14 pm

Episode #15 of 2nd season
Air Date: 1/2/65 Arrow writer: Robert C. Dennis Arrow Director: Charles Haas
episode #47 - The Brain of Colonel Barham OLBrainofColonelF
This theorizes on what a disembodied brain would be like, how it would behave and what expanded powers of the mind it may possess when unencumbered by a body. I always thought this aimed a little low by having the person whose brain is so detached be such a pompous ass to begin with; I know the character (Anthony Eisley) is bitter over being in a wheelchair and dying, but it would have been more interesting if he were less the megalomaniac. I mean, it would have been more interesting if he started out a nice, decent sort who then went on a power trip. But, it's still very entertaining as Barham's Brain begins to control people, even as the personnel try to figure out what's to be done. This has obvious similarities to Donovan's Brain (the novel and various film adaptations). It's probably more interesting for fans of the Golden Age of Sci-Fi to see actor Grant Williams here as the military psychiatrist. BoG's Score: 7 out of 10

Outer Trivia: Grant Williams shall ever be known as The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957)
episode #47 - The Brain of Colonel Barham OL-BrainOfBarham1episode #47 - The Brain of Colonel Barham OL-BrainOfBarham11episode #47 - The Brain of Colonel Barham OL-BrainOfBarham2
BoG
BoG
Galaxy Overlord
Galactus
Galaxy Overlord  Galactus

https://bogscifi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down