Base of Galactic Science Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode #108 - Death Ship

Go down

Episode #108 - Death Ship Empty Episode #108 - Death Ship

Post  BoG Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:06 pm

Air Date: 2/7/63  Arrow  written by Richard Matheson  Arrow  Directed by Don Medford
Episode #108 - Death Ship TwilZoneDeathShip2
This was based on Matheson's short story of the same name, published in 1953 in Fantastic Story Magazine.
Episode #108 - Death Ship DeathShip5 Episode #108 - Death Ship DeathShip4
It's the story of a 3-man crew (Jack Klugman as the captain, Ross Martin as Lt. Mason and Fredrick Beir) in their flying saucer ship, the E-89, in the year 1997. Their job is to conduct surveys of planets and take specimens back to Earth for analysis. While over such a planet, Lt. Mason notes a blip and the captain orders that they land to investigate. They land near another ship which appears to have crash landed. It soon becomes evident that this wrecked ship is a duplicate of their own and that they may be seeing their near future. Or, are they already in that gloomy future...?  Question   What a Face
Episode #108 - Death Ship Death_ShipEpisode #108 - Death Ship DeathShip1
This is a ghost story transposed into a science fiction setting - the future of space exploration ('97 seemed far in the future at the time this episode was made and is now over a decade in our past; the mind whirls). When I first saw this many years ago, I didn't think Klugman was the captain during the first minute and was surprised to learn this as the episode progressed. He was an atypical representation of the usual ship's captain, not the expected tallest and most manly member of the crew; I was used to seeing Klugman in supporting roles or playing weak, weasly characters. He also plays this captain as wound a bit too tight.
BoG
BoG
Galaxy Overlord
Galactus
Galaxy Overlord  Galactus

https://bogscifi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down