Base of Galactic Science Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Stardust (1968 Italy)

Go down

Mission Stardust (1968 Italy) Empty Mission Stardust (1968 Italy)

Post  BoG Sun May 15, 2011 12:01 am

I saw this in a theater when I was a little kid and was quite taken by it; there was a lot of action and adventure, and it seemed a great blend of aliens, earth heroes and exciting plot turns, but only those under 12 years old would be impressed with it, I think, like I was.

Mission Stardust 1 of 5 by RenaudMan
What's Happening: Astronauts meet aliens on the moon and must save them from Earth criminals
Famous For: Only film based on the Perry Rhodan pulp book series
Created by German co-authors in 1961, the Perry Rhodan series has since become the largest-selling science fiction book series in history. Fans don't consider this German-Italian-Spanish picture to be accurate to the series. I don't know the series, so I can only judge it in comparison to its obvious brethren: Italian space operas of the early 60s, of which War Between the Planets is the finest. It is inferior to these Italian pictures on all levels: characters, plot, special effects. It feels aimless for at least the first half. VideoHound is correct in describing it as "thoroughly unambitious." We should have gotten a grand space adventure. Instead we get a bunch of boring international criminals back on Earth. Sci-fi elements appear mostly in the first third, with a decent battle between the bad guys and alien robots at the end. Notable mostly for a dreamy 60s pop song at the opening, and for the presence of Swedish model Essy Persson as the icy elfin alien blonde.

Goldweber, David Elroy (2012-06-14). Claws & Saucers: Science Fiction, Horror, and Fantasy Film: A Complete Guide: 1902-1982 (Kindle Locations 49609-49633). David E. Goldweber. Kindle Edition.

Mission Stardust 2 of 5 by RenaudMan

Mission Stardust 3 of 5 by RenaudMan

Mission Stardust 4 of 5 by RenaudMan

Mission Stardust 5 of 5 by RenaudMan
BoG
BoG
Galaxy Overlord
Galactus
Galaxy Overlord  Galactus

https://bogscifi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down