Base of Galactic Science Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

episode #49 - The Winning Smile

Go down

episode #49 - The Winning Smile Empty episode #49 - The Winning Smile

Post  BoG Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:26 am

episode #14 of 3rd season / Air Date: 1/11/76 Arrow written by Gustave Field, Richard Carr Arrow Directed by Arnold Laven

Here's the return of Callahan (Jennifer Darling), Oscar Goldman's best secretary, from the 2nd season's episode Steve Austin, Fugitive. She's still his secretary, but she's caught in the middle of some major trouble: OSI secrets spoken of inside the offices are making their way to the villains. Goldman angrily has the offices swept for bugs but this nets nothing. It soon becomes apparent to Goldman and Austin that Callahan is the common denominator in all the occasions when these hush-hush discussions were taking place, but they still can't figure out how she is being used. She does have a new boyfriend / fiancee, a dentist (Stewart Moss), but that can't have anything to do with it, can it? Suspect Oh, and a new dog - given to her by the dentist Suspect .
episode #49 - The Winning Smile Six-million49WinningSmile episode #49 - The Winning Smile Six-million49WinningSmile2
This one actually succeeds superbly in regard to one plot point - the way the villains are using Callahan. The writers pulled a sleight of hand here, pointing the way to the obvious manner - and I completely bought into it. I thought I had it figured out (and so did Austin); it was obvious, sure, but what else could it be..? confused So, the reveal took me completely by surprise. Yet, it made perfect sense in light of the information presented earlier in the episode. Callahan was amusing as before and both Goldman & Austin behave a bit more casual than they usually do here, like real people. BoG's Score: 6.5 out of 10

Star Trek TOS actor alert: Moss appeared in a couple of episodes - in The Naked Time as a crew member and in By Any Other Name as an alien invader.
BoG
BoG
Galaxy Overlord
Galactus
Galaxy Overlord  Galactus

https://bogscifi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down