Base of Galactic Science Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Married a Monster From Outer Space

Go down

I Married a Monster From Outer Space Empty I Married a Monster From Outer Space

Post  BoG Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:34 pm

I Married a Monster From Outer Space IMARRIEDAMONSTERFROMOUTERSPACE-1I Married a Monster From Outer Space I-married-a-monster
This was pretty offbeat for fifties Sci-Fi: male aliens, whose own females have died out, need to figure out a way to mate with Earthwomen and continue the line.  Yow!
I Married a Monster From Outer Space IMarriedaMonster3I Married a Monster From Outer Space IMarriedaMonsterFromOuterspace-2
The title and description sound ultra-cheesy, but it's a fairly serious effort,
with shades of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956). My favorite scene is when a few of the disguised aliens sit in a bar trying to figure the next step in their quiet invasion and the bartender picks a fight over their lack of enthusiasm for his liquor. There are some eerie thrills, including the conclusion, where a minor battle is waged after the jig is up.
I Married a Monster From Outer Space IMarriedaMonster4
This should be remade as a classy 'A'-list Sci-Fi thriller, stressing the awkward & strange relationship between wife and alien husband. BoG's Score: 7 out of 10
Oh, I guess that's been done to some degree - there was a Sci-Fi film called The Astronaut's Wife, starring Johnny Depp & Charlize Theron, released a few years ago.
I Married a Monster From Outer Space IMarriedaMonster5I Married a Monster From Outer Space De66716f-cca6-4a60-aef0-ccaf8343123b
Tom Tryon, the lead, became a writer later of such novels as 'The Other'
(horror), after becoming dissatisfied with the Hollywood career (notably
after his experience on The Cardinal in '63). The Other was itself made
into a strange horror/thriller film in the early seventies. By all accounts,
Tryon was gay, a surprise to me considering his rugged, 6' 3" looks &
build. I suppose it's not that great of a shock nowadays, but I relate to
my parents now as to when they found out that Rock Hudson was gay.
BoG
BoG
Galaxy Overlord
Galactus
Galaxy Overlord  Galactus

https://bogscifi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down