Base of Galactic Science Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

episode #79 - The Ghostly Teletype

Go down

episode #79 - The Ghostly Teletype Empty episode #79 - The Ghostly Teletype

Post  BoG Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:02 pm

episode #22 of 4th season / Air Date: 5/15/77 Arrow written by Wilton Schiller Arrow directed by Tom Connors

The Six Million Dollar Man The Privacy Of The... by tvwizard1000
The title of this episode is misleading - it suggests mystical forces at work when in fact the actions here are those of superhumans, perhaps a next level of mankind's evolution. However, there is a mystical element tagged on to the end. This one also comes across as a pilot for a new type of show, perhaps encounters with paranormal people. One of the guest characters is a magician friend of Austin's and he plays as much a heroic role in this episode as Austin, as if he were auditioning for a new series. In the plot, Austin was going over some top secret documents in a sealed room at OSI when the ink on one of the papers just vanishes. This doesn't look good for Austin. His personal investigation soon leads him to twins - a boy and a girl - who look like young adults but are only 12 years old. They have various powers, such as mind control.
One thing about this episode is that it has this roughdraft appearance to me. Austin, for example, keeps running into this female mystic who knows a lot and wants to help him. Austin mostly rebuffs her, thinking her to be some charlatan. Nothing is ever explained about her - the ending tags on a weird afterthought, suggesting that she was dead spirit from another era - but even that is just a guess on my part. The revelations about the twins are definitely intriguing - another take on such young superhumans as in the film The Fury (1978) - but all this also has an unfinished feel... are they mutants? Half-aliens? Who are they? Why are they..? It's tantalizing but I wish there was more. BoG's Score: 6.5 out of 10
BoG
BoG
Galaxy Overlord
Galactus
Galaxy Overlord  Galactus

https://bogscifi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down