Base of Galactic Science Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost Continent (1951)

Go down

Lost Continent (1951) Empty Lost Continent (1951)

Post  BoG Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:21 am

Lost Continent (1951) LostContinentLost Continent (1951) LOSTCONTINENT
Lost Continent (1951) 42a7103c-bb77-40e3-bb33-f228c6fe83e8Lost Continent (1951) LostContinent Lost Continent (1951) LostContinent2

Want a textbook example of a classic B-movie? Look no further than Lost Continent, a quasi-remake of The Lost World. The characters include the familiar hard-nosed major, loverboy lieutenant, humorless scientist, and comic-relief engineer. Only the Female Reporter is missing. Rocket launches and explosions come to us in stock footage. Dialogue is very obvious , making sure that the viewer misses nothing important. (Good example of conversation: "I' ve seen tracks like these before." "Yeah, where?" "In a museum. They 're brontosaurus tracks." "Huh? Bronta-what?" "Hard to believe, isn't it, Major?" "My calendar says 20th century AD, not a hundred million BC!" "I appreciate your feelings, Major, but you can't change what we've just seen... or what may lie ahead!") The last line of the movie is interesting in itself , but it's a non sequitur in the context of the film; it would have made more sense if Rostov had previously been complaining about the dinosaurs getting shot.

Goldweber, David Elroy (2012-06-14). Claws & Saucers: Science Fiction, Horror, and Fantasy Film: A Complete Guide: 1902-1982 (Kindle Locations 45148-45174). David E. Goldweber. Kindle Edition.

BoG
BoG
Galaxy Overlord
Galactus
Galaxy Overlord  Galactus

https://bogscifi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down