Base of Galactic Science Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

episode #41 - I, Robot

Go down

episode #41 - I, Robot Empty episode #41 - I, Robot

Post  BoG Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:29 pm

episode #9 of 2nd season
air date: 11/14/64 Arrow writer: Robert C. Dennis, based on story by Eando Binder Arrow Director: Leon Benson
episode #41 - I, Robot OL-I-Robot1 episode #41 - I, Robot OL-I-Robot2
This begins after a murder has been committed; the pursued fugitive is a robot, called Adam Link by its dead creator. It surrenders to the sheriff's dept. and is jailed for killing its maker, though the victim's niece (Marianna Hill) insists that the tin man is innocent. An enterprising reporter (Leonard Nimoy) gets the bright idea to obtain a defense attorney (Howard da Silva) for Adam and have the spectacle of a strange trial. So, much of the episode, a trial episode, consists of flashbacks to what happened.
episode #41 - I, Robot OLIRobot episode #41 - I, Robot OL-I-Robot3
Based on a series of sf stories from the late thirties & early forties about robot Adam Link, this is one of the more famous episodes and lent a bit of class to the O L show by its inclusion; it was remade for the new O L show in the nineties. Since it is a trial episode, it's on the slow side. However, it offers another perspective on the Frankenstein legend - of man becoming a creator and the possible repercussions of such. The robot is a sympathetic character and the ending is sad - an accomplishment. BoG's Score: 6.5 out of 10
Outer Trivia: Star Trek TOS actor alert - Nimoy, back from Production and Decay of Strange Particles, would play Spock for the first time a few months later in the first TOS pilot, The Cage. He would also play the attorney in the O L remake of this episode. Also in The Cage would be John Hoyt as the ship's doctor; he pops up here as another scientist. Marianna Hill would appear in Dagger of the Mind. The inventor is played by Peter Brocco, who would appear as an Organian in Errand of Mercy.
BoG
BoG
Galaxy Overlord
Galactus
Galaxy Overlord  Galactus

https://bogscifi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down